[PD] Compiling with msys2

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 27 00:04:18 CEST 2017

Interesting... FWIW I wasn't able to get externals working either (I'm
cross compiling with mingw on a linux box, so I believe it's pretty much the
same compiler you're using).  I discovered that I had to build a whole second
copy of Pd using MSVC, and then (don't laugh... actually, yes, laugh) cop
pd.lib from teh MSVC build over to the mingw one.  So everything in the Pd
release is mingw except pd.lib.

I believe pd.lib contains no code, just a sort of index into pd.dll that an
extern needs at link time.  I think I was able to get mingw to make a .lib file
OK, but that externs linked against it would then crash.  I've been meaning to
revisit this someday, perhaps for 0.49 when I try to get 64 bit Windows
builds to work.

cheers
Miller