[PD] Question regarding the font of Pd-0.48

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 17:00:44 CEST 2017

HI Zack, it turns out that has many issues with things looking not the same
for Mac/Linux/Windows, and this has been discussed and brought up in this
list. But not all has been taken care yet. For Mac, the new Pd, so far, was
changing things one way or another, and the way things changes in
0.48-test5 is not as bad as the first test releases :)

One of the issues is that Pd didn't have the same font for all systems, now
it does (it's "Deja Vu"). There were also other changes, a new Tcl/Tk
update (if I'm not mistaken) and a new way of rendering the fonts for
retina on the Mac.

The issue you brought up with the documentation may happen not only for
Cyclone, but any documentation that was designed in Pd Extended, or even
for Purr Data. So one way to sort this out is adopting Pd Extended's font
metrics. Dan says he could get a new branch running just to test this.

cheers