[PD] Standard Paths & Canonical practice for managing/installing externals

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 29 19:15:57 CEST 2017

I also updated:

https://puredata.info/Members/jb/ext-doc

that is linked from: tutorials/howtos     /   installing

On 7/29/2017 1:58 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

This looks great! Really well detailed guide Alex. This documentation is much needed.

This documentation is actually "How do I install Externals and Help File" - wheras the website simply answers "Where do I install External and Help Files.

I wonder if we could integrate this document into that page?

Thanks for the feedbacks.

It's already linked there in that FAQ entry, for "more details". Further work on that website soon is important, as I mentioned.

There's also been an internal talk about including this in the official Pd documentation. Dan mentioned something about it... we'll see...

I'm still revising it, I think it will still need a bit more work until I'm fully satisfied

cheers