[PD] Question regarding the font of Pd-0.48

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 11:57:15 CEST 2017

Font metrics will not. It's not as easy as "change the numbers in pd-gui.tcl" and involves finding & porting in all the sizing tweaks from extended (ie. object margins are different, widths of atoms is different, font placement is tweaked, etc). This is in the C core.

I spent a whole day trying it last weekend and am still missing some stuff. I'm burned out on that and there are easier fish to fry, so I don't imagine doing that again after this weekend, any time soon.

Your best solution for now is to drag the lower right hand corner of your patch window larger and add more space between things. There is really no "pixel perfect" guarantee for things, even if the extended font metrics and sizing are added. I think, technically, it can only ever be "close." For those that disagree, you're going to have to put some time into things as I have already...

> On Jul 30, 2017, at 6:23 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Zack Lee <cuinjune at gmail.com <mailto:cuinjune at gmail.com>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Question regarding the font of Pd-0.48
> Date: July 30, 2017 at 4:50:31 AM GMT+2
> To: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
>

> Hi Alexandre.
> Thank you so much for your explanation.
> I think it is a good idea to adopt Pd Extended's font metrics since I believe most of existing externals' help files are designed based on it.
> I really hope this can be fixed before the stable release of Pd-0.48.
>
> Zack

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>