[PD] New users and external path struggles

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 18:16:25 CEST 2017

> As I've mentioned on the super long Github discussion about this, I am
> working on a proposal to fix all of this.

Ok, I haven't mentioned that particular "super long Github discussion"
here. What Dan is mentioning is a Pull Request I did for exactly adding
*~/Documents/Pd* as a standard path. I wasn't gonna bring it up cause, as
mentioned, it's a big discussion, and I was afraid it'd become longer.

But since Jesse opened this thread insisting and requiring the same thing
as that Pull Request (amongst other issues), andthe github convo has been
brought up, here it is => https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/139

Maybe y'all should wait a bit and see if it solves things?

Dan, my last comments on github describe why I suspect it won't solve it,
as it seems you're just working on having "user added search paths" for
externals, instead of a new "Standard Path".

This thread here and a previous one on the pd list is being developed over
a consensus that a "Standard Path" is a special thing and a "user added
path" is something else. I'm not sure you're on the same page.

But we can just wait until you show us what you got.

 cheers