[PD] New users and external path struggles

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 18:21:50 CEST 2017

I'm on my own page because I can't read any more 4-5 paragraphs per post and, when I write my own, I don't feel they are read anyway.

Working on Pd the last couple weeks has been rewarding in providing usability improvements but, at this point, it feels like whack a mole & burn out. Sorry if I'm crusty these last few days ;P

Today is the last day I can put any real time into it, so I'm giving things a shot.

> On Jul 30, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I've mentioned on the super long Github discussion about this, I am working on a proposal to fix all of this.
>
> Ok, I haven't mentioned that particular "super long Github discussion" here. What Dan is mentioning is a Pull Request I did for exactly adding ~/Documents/Pd as a standard path. I wasn't gonna bring it up cause, as mentioned, it's a big discussion, and I was afraid it'd become longer.
>
> But since Jesse opened this thread insisting and requiring the same thing as that Pull Request (amongst other issues), andthe github convo has been brought up, here it is => https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/139 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/139>
>
> Maybe y'all should wait a bit and see if it solves things?
>
> Dan, my last comments on github describe why I suspect it won't solve it, as it seems you're just working on having "user added search paths" for externals, instead of a new "Standard Path".
>
> This thread here and a previous one on the pd list is being developed over a consensus that a "Standard Path" is a special thing and a "user added path" is something else. I'm not sure you're on the same page.
>
> But we can just wait until you show us what you got.
>
>  cheers

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>