[PD] Revision of Standard Paths (was Re: New users and external path struggles)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 22:28:47 CEST 2017

> with user paths you automatically have global/user space simply because
> some folders are global (C:/Users/All Users/Pd/libs) and some are for users
> (C:/Users/Christof/Pd/libs) :-).

yeah, you can add globals too, that is if all users to the same, but you're
right, nice catch.

I think we can leave the standard path mechanism as it is and just add
> features to the user path, as Miller suggested.

Yeah, and all that changes is an interpretation of what we got, and the
fact we'd call it something else on the documentation, but no changes under
the hood. Instead of "Standard Paths" for user and global scopes, we just
have a "default" one. Which would be, by the way, just a hardcoded
suggestion, allowing the user to decide on something else if they want -
seems like this sort of freedom and flexibility is highly appreciated in
the community :)