[PD] New users and external path struggles

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun Jul 30 22:38:18 CEST 2017

> whereas throwing stuff in ../extra "just works".

what do you mean by that? when I throw 'mylib' folder (containing foo.pd) into ../extra, I either have to add ../extra/mylib to the user paths OR do [declare -stdpath mylib] or always do [mylib/foo]. so ../extra (and other standard paths) are apparently *not* searched recursively when trying to load an object and behave the same as user paths. it's just with [declare] where the difference comes into play.

I'm on Windows 7. Is this different on other systems!?