[PD] Informations about GEM

ub@xdv ub at xdv.org
Wed Aug 2 10:16:26 CEST 2017

hello ivano,

On 01.08.2017 02:40, Ivano Arrighetta wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> As far as you know, is GEM updated to the latest OpenGL?
> Does it support shaders?
if your graphic card and your driver support it, then -- yes -- you can
compile and run GLSL shaders from Gem.

> Finally, I would like to investigate more, but the manual may be outdated (in
> the Pd site). Where's the latest documentation?
There is documentation that ships with pd and its installed externals
directly. that's usually the most actual and should be your first point
of reference.
choose "help" from the menu bar then open the "patch browser" and in
"Gem" you can find examples for how to use shaders in directory 10.glsl

hope that helps, have fun
ub