[PD] [PD-announce] Pd version 0.48-0test7

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:03:57 CEST 2017

If we had a weekend, a few people, and enough different systems, we could probably find a solution.

In my thinking, I'm kind of pushing things in steps:

1. make pd easier to build on platforms and in the same way
2. have the same font on all platforms
3. introduce the extended sizing (and probably tweak)

We're still working on Step 1 as the auto tools build is not working yet on Windows. I will probably get to that next at some point. I already have plans laid out for Step 2, but this relies on Step 1 working, etc. Having Step 1 means we can much more easily spread out the testing and tweaking to other people.

At the very least, it seems like Tk 8.4 is out on macOS 10.13 so it's a good thing I did the work to update Pd for Tk 8.5 on Mac, even if it does introduce a few wrinkles.

> On Aug 11, 2017, at 11:37 AM, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hm, I tested the numbers already in that I took care of getting the
> same box sizes for font size 10 on every platform as before (and
> between platforms). If there are more tests required to not break
> anything, I'm happy to test and report back.
>
> I understand you're in a total different position than me and probably
> feel much more responsibility on your shoulders and thus I understand
> your reluctance. I don't have the skills to fix the issue the "clean"
> way, but I'm willing to invest some resources in this - presumably
> bytesting things - and I have access to Ubuntu 16.04, macOS 10.11 to
> 10.12 and Windows 10. If that can help in anyway, I'd be glad.
>
> Roman

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>