[PD] Porres Externals document

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:23:34 CEST 2017

> Hi,

hi

> http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/
> links "HOWTO Install and Load Externals"
> https://sites.google.com/site/porres/Using%20Pd%20Externals.
> pdf?attredirects=0&d=1
> and
> https://sites.google.com/site/porres/Using%20Pd%20Externals.pdf
> respectively, but these links are dead.

yep, cause I was rewriting, revising it, so I took it down and shared the
revision here on the list and on facebook

> The document seems to be
> available here still.
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3AoiT0xk8fnYWV5anJZeXZ2MDg/view
>
> Perhaps the above links could be changed.

sure, it's just that it's still a work in progress, and we were also
talking about putting it into Pd's own documentation

> I am wondering if the paths
> etc in this document are still up to date and am grateful this document
> exists!

well, we've been having lots of discussions, so that's the point of not
making this too much available. A lot of things changed in the new release
and it is not up to date with that. Moreover, I'm proposing more changes to
Pd that would make things simpler and easier. There are currently
conflicting issues. Please check
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/183 (I made this
link/discussion available to this list yesterday by the way).

cheers