[PD] Pd path window on Debian, .pdsettings syntax?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Aug 21 10:04:12 CEST 2017

Hi list,
and thanks to IOhannes for neatly packing up pd 0.48 for Debian testing.
On my system the path preference dialog features a largely hidden line with a
checkbox that can't be made visible by enlarging the window (see
attached screenshot). Is this the case on someone else's system too?

I am trying to put the -noautopatch option into .pdsettings and am
wondering about its syntax and where to find information about that
syntax. Is it
noautopatch: True
or
noautopatch: 1
or
autopatch: False
or
autopatch: 0
?
I feel a bit stupid trying it all out and not having some reference to
how .pdsettings works when editing by hand (as -noautopatch, thanks god,
is not settable by GUI).

Thanks again! Peter