[PD] Pd path window on Debian, .pdsettings syntax?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:57:21 CEST 2017

> On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com> wrote:
>
> Despite the detail that I don't understand why users should have to
> bother about a possible semantic difference between "Disabled" and
> "Cleared" in the two path settings.

The PD Documents Directory is a built-in plugin that has extra functionality which can be disabled when it's value is "DISABLED". This could probably better be a check button, but I didn't want to take more vertical space.

The Externals Directory is similarly used by a built-in plugin, deken. Clearing this to an empty string says "let deken use it's default behavior".

This current set up is an interim location tight now. A longer term plan is a more integrated Preferences panel with tabs which could have better contextual grouping.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>