[PD] PD 0.48 - another deken/externals path problem ...

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Mon Aug 21 18:03:47 CEST 2017

Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> As I see it, you're just asking for [declare] to have a new feature
> added, one that would make it easy to search for libs elsewhere
> other than in the standard path (a.k.a. the "extra" folder)

absolutely right !

  - in the case you
> are not using (I'll emphasize nothing is stopping you from using
> "extra").

well, i DO like the idea of a different externals folder to make things
a little better organized. so i would love to use it and not having to
stuff everything into "extra"

> So, if that's the case, I had already opened an issue and made a
> suggestion for exactly that! My idea is that the -path flag should
> also look in the paths that were added in the "path preferences".
> That would do the trick! Here's the issue report and its relative
> discussions: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/184

ahh, great ! so it's already reported. should have looked better !

thanks a lot for your clarifications !

and i will stay with "extra" for the moment

best

oliver