[PD] PD 0.48 - [declare] problem

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Mon Aug 21 18:14:25 CEST 2017

Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>:
>

>     I already responded to this in your previous thread
>

> oh, btw, please don't change the thread namne without referring to an
> earlier and related discussion, this makes it hard for people to follow
> it. You could do something like (was: "name of earlier thread") after
> the new name you gave it.

ok, sorry for that

 > Let me just re emphasize how it is wrong to say  "won't find any
 > external/library anymore". Pd is not doing anything new!

you're right. what i wanted to say is that it's confusing to be allowed
to chose a new externals location and then not being able to use it with
[declare].

> And anyway, here's a screenshot showing that what I just wrote about
> works, but for cyclone.
>
> cheers

mmmh,

the [declare] help file says that the "-lib" flag only searches
"relative to the patch". which is why i never used it.

if f.e. "cyclone" is added to the searchpaths at startup (either in the
preferences or in a script with the -path flag) i don't have to declare
it anymore.

the declare object as i use it, is only to make sure that an external is
loaded when it is NOT in the startup search path.

anyway, thanks for all your time and patience in this !

best

oliver