[PD] [hid] for Pd-vanilla on MacOS

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Wed Aug 23 15:00:12 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm building a daemon to capture the commands from a Contour
ShuttleXpress to send OSC commands to other software and don't want to
be stuck with [key] because Pd will probably not have the focus. The
patch runs in the background like a good daemon should.

On Windows I got [hidin] to to the job with no hassle.

I wasn't able to get [hid] to work with Pd Vanilla 0.48 on a Mac. I only
managed to get it to work with Pd extended. Is there an alternative for
recent versions of Vanilla or is there something else that needs to be
installed? I tried to use libdir but no luck so far.
The help patches won't work either.
I could get it to work on Pd-extended, but I would like to see if there
is an alternative with recent vanilla versions.

Thanks for your help.

Pierre-Olivier