[PD] Pd-0.48 for macOS not compiled with jack support(?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:15:20 CEST 2017

On Mon, 2017-08-28 at 10:54 +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> From what I can tell looking at this: https://github.com/pure-data/pu
> re-data/tree/master/linux
>
> The macOS Pd build uses autotools, so it should be built with JackMP
> weak link support enabled.

And that's the case when I build my own app. But I can't get Pd to
detect Jack with the official app from Miller's page.

Please forgive me if I simply don't see what I'm doing wrong. I did:

./autogen
./configure --enable-jack
make
make app

and I get a Pd using the Jackmp framework.

Just to be clear: I can still connect Jack with Miller's app, but only
through Portaudio by selecting 'JackRouter' as audio device. But this
won't let me set the number of channels. However, direct Jack support
seems to be missing in the official build. Can anybody confirm this?

Roman