[PD] Pd-0.48 for macOS not compiled with jack support(?)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:45:39 CEST 2017

By default (and as before with autootols), jack is not enabled, so if Miller's configure step doesn't include --enable-jack (looks like it may not), then neither weak linking or hard linking will be enabled. The default when enabling Jack on macOS is to use weak linking.

This is not a official decision, only an omission in the build step. I will update the release build instructions accordingly.

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 11:24 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2017-08-28 at 10:54 +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> From what I can tell looking at this: https://github.com/pure-data/pu <https://github.com/pure-data/pu>
>> re-data/tree/master/linux
>>
>> The macOS Pd build uses autotools, so it should be built with JackMP
>> weak link support enabled.
>
> I cannot confirm. The instructions say:
>
> ./configure
>
> but without '--enable-jack' no Jack support will be enabled, neither
> with weak linking nor without. Or do I miss something?
>
> Roman

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>