[PD] relase plans for fixing Pd 0.48-0 bugs

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 28 20:58:47 CEST 2017

On 08/28/2017 07:02 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

>> I don't plan to add any features - just fixes, hoping to get everything
>> stable.

there's the update/0.48-0 branch (PR#191]), which includes a number of
bug fixes, including:

- [core] fixed crash with illegal format-strings (containing multiple
format specifiers)
- [core] quit Pd if illegal flag is given (as was the case <0.48)
- [GUI] dialog sizes so all content fits in the dialogs
- [GUI] fixed error when trying to scroll in preferences
- [build] enable jack by default on OSX
- [build] include headers at legacy places in OSX app-bundle
- [build] allow building without OSS on linux
- [deken] handle http-errors and fix CPU compat issues (showing 32bit
binaries on 64bit OSs)
- [general] spelling errors

there's also the attempt to fix the memory leak in netsend/netreceive,
though this is not finished yet.

afaict, most things in this branch are really major bugfixes.
there are some minor things though, which you might want to exclude
(e.g. setting the bug-tracker link to https://bugs.puredata.info, which
currently directs to the sf-tracker; but might be used to point to
another ticket system (e.g. github) whenever this is appropriate)

> great, let me remind you of a fix that didn't make into 0.48-0, maybe we
> can include it now?  https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/106

wasn't this scheduled for "the next release"? i was under the impression
that this actually meant 0.49-0

gfmdsar
IOhannes

[191] https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/191