[PD] Tcl error with "tof" breakpoints in MAC

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 29 20:37:13 CEST 2017

On 29-08-17 20:02, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> cool, but I think that would be a Pd issue, anyway, huh? An object
> shouldn't stop working, as I see it

The reason this object stopped working is because newer MacOSX versions
use address randomization and with 64-bits this can use the whole 64
bits address range. The object rendering uses pointers as Tk tags and
formatted those as 32-bit hex values in this case. This worked ok as
long as all addresses fall into the 32-bit address space (up to 2 GByte)
but fail when addresses use the full 64-bit address space, as is the
case with the Mac address randomization.

Fred Jan