[PD] Pd Vanilla 0.35 to 0.48, [fexpr~] becomes impossibly inefficent

John Swartz graphographer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 16:56:45 CEST 2017

I "solved" the problem by using Maelstrom's implementation from the same
thread. Whatever differences there may be in the sound are in no way
greater than the fact that the synth actually works now, as I'm performing
this evening! :)

However, as this is an interesting issue possibly indicating some sort of
regression between Pd 0.38 and 0.48, I've attached the relevant part of the
patch. I'm not very good with nuts and bolts DSP stuff, so I barely
understand what's going on, I'm just a good black-box programmer who knows
how to connect things up based on allegations. ;-)

The relevant bit is in [pd fm_cos].