[PD] [PD-announce] 1st Beta release of "ELSE" Library

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 03:10:35 CEST 2017

Hi, I've been working this year on a new library called "ELSE", this first
beta release, and it is up in deken for Windows, Mac and Windows. Here's my
repository github.com/porres/pd-else

It has 134 objects as of now, and I plan to keep adding more until the
stable release. It is a multi purpose / swiss army knife library, with
basic building blocks for patching, such as oscillators, filters, etc... it
is strongly oriented towards sample accuracy, so you can trigger objects
with impulses and gates. SuperCollider is also like that, so I stole a
bunch stuff and ideas from their objects.

My idea is to heavily rely on it and in cyclone to patch the examples in my
didactic material - that I've been developing for 9 years.

I'm presenting a paper tomorrow about it here in São Paulo, Brazil, at SBCM
( http://compmus.ime.usp.br/sbcm/2017/ ). Here's the paper:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3AoiT0xk8fnUmxqZ0MtNlptNHM/view?usp=sharing

An object list with objects listed by category =>
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/72ad687ad3b85514be5cf9f6babf102c73b977cc/README.md

Any feedback is welcome

Thanks