[PD] Deken broken?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 6 17:48:40 CEST 2017

On 09/06/17 15:35, Max wrote:
> in Pd 0.48.0 on Linux Mint 18.2 64bit Cinnamon I can't get Deken to work.

what does that mean?

> I think there might be different versions on my system and with the
> different paths where to install such things maybe an older one is loaded.
>
> when Starting up I see three lines related to teh deken loading:
>
> deken-plugin.tcl (Pd externals search) in /home/max/pd-externals loaded.
> 'deken-plugin.tcl' already loaded, ignoring:
> '/usr/lib/pd/extra/deken-plugin/deken-plugin.tcl'
> 'deken-plugin.tcl' already loaded, ignoring:
> '/home/max/pd-externals/deken-plugin.tcl'
>
> Where should it be and how to set it up correctly?

the logfiles say that it is already loaded.
so what is not working?
also, you can set the log-level to ALL, to see where it got the first
deken plugin from. (most likely it's the one that comes shipped inside Pd).

> I also would like to remove Pd 0.46.7 which comes from the package
> manager,

why?

> but many other externals I've installed via the package manager
> depend on it.

hopefully, *all* of them depend on it.
if not, please file a bug.

fgmasdr