[PD] [Gem] changed [ortho] behaviour

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 00:59:46 CEST 2017

Hey all

A patch of mine with only a few geos that was developed with last
release of Gem 0.93.3 looks totally messed up with current master. It
turns out that [ortho] is the culprit.

It appears that [ortho] used to screw with aspect ratio as it forces
both, window width and window height, to be 4 units. A [ortho]-
[rectangle 4 4] exactly fits into the window, even if the window is
rectangle, for instance 960x540px. That's what my patch took into
account.

Now, with current master, [ortho] doesn't mess with aspect ratio
anymore, but when using [ortho], I can display a geo only within a
square part of the gem window. When I moved it out that area, it gets
blacked out.

I can somehow understand that [ortho] was buggy in the last release and
needed to be changed, but is the current behaviour the desired
behavior?

Roman