[PD] [Gem] changed [ortho] behaviour

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Sep 10 23:34:54 CEST 2017

Hello Roman,

Le 10/09/2017 à 22:34, Roman Haefeli a écrit :
> On Sam, 2017-09-09 at 18:50 +0200, cyrille henry wrote:

>>> I see, thanks. I should have checked the help file in the first
>>> place.
>>>
>>> But how can someone use the full window area with the new default
>>> mode?
>> changing the windows perspective!!!
>> (using the perspec message to gemwin, see help file)
>
> Sorry, I don't understand. Maybe I simply don't understand which
> question this answers.

I guess Cyrille want to say that you can manage the clipping of ortho
with the message 'perspec'. 'perspec' seems to work for the frustum
(with perspective) and ortho (orthographic mode).
I can't test here because, like you in your video, [ortho] not work
properly on my system with a recent Gem (ver: 0.93.git 10759c2).
Using [ortho] on a square in the center of my gemwin, move this square
elsewhere. I can also confirm that message 'compat' do nothing here.

However, you can simulate [ortho] if you need it now with :

[GEMglMatrixMode GL_PROJECTION]

[GEMglLoadIdentity]

[GEMglOrtho -1 1 -1 1 1 20]

With these objects, you reset the projection and use orthographic
projection for your geo. -1 1 -1 1 1 20 are the clipping volume in ortho
mode.

Don't forget to use just after your geo (if you want your perspective
come back) :

[GEMglMatrixMode GL_PROJECTION]

[GEMglLoadIdentity]

[GEMglFrustum -1 1 -1 1 1 20]