[PD] Fwd: Re: linux: "-font-size" startup flag -- does this work?

Alexander Connor a.connexx at runbox.com
Tue Sep 12 03:52:39 CEST 2017

----- Start Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 21:49:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Alexander Connor" <a.connexx at runbox.com>
To: "Lucas Cordiviola" <lucarda27 at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] linux: "-font-size" startup flag -- does this work?

Ah yes thank you I forgot that and was using the wrong GUI window menu --

Unfortunately though, it still doesn't help with this problem because what I need is a size 9, and as I mentioned this is an "in between" variable that isn't available in the GUI options.

Is there a control channel that I could send the desired font size through within the patch to bypass the limited GUI switching?  Or alternatively (but much less desirability) a variable to edit within the text file (is that what the last number is in the canvas parameters at the beginning of the file)?

Those things aside, there's still one thing I don't understand about the -font-size flag.  As I mentioned -font-face and -font-weight produce the effect I expected -- that is, they change the face and weight of all patches opened after Pd starts up -- but not -font-size.  If what you say is the case (sorry haven't been able to test it yet) isn't this a bit inconsistent with the functioning of the other font control flags?