[PD] Review of expr 0.55 (released in 0.48) and a Pull Request

Shahrokh Yadegari sdy at ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 18 18:34:59 CEST 2017

Dear Alexandre and all,

Miller and I both agree that it is better not to change the behavior of
expr~ and fexpr~ in respect to requiring the first inlet to be a signal.
See Miller's response below:

> If the object has a method for "signal" then its first
> inlet (i.e., itself) is then passed a signal to process.  I think this
> means it would be a bit confusing not to use the first inlet as a
signal...
> Pd would allow signal connections to it that you'd then ignore in favor
> of the float or symbol value it gets sent.  Also, it's funny to send it
> a message like "float" and not have that trigger a computation.  So I
think
> it's probably just as well to leave it as is.

However, I will look into why fexpr~ does not convert float to signal.

After receiving a few other requests for avg() and Avg() to come back, I
will also soon include these functions and possibly others to the list of
functions.

Thank you very much for your update of the documentation patch.

cheers,
Shahrokh

--
Shahrokh Yadegari