[PD] Pd works in macOS High Sierra (10.13) (was: "Damaged Error" With 0.48 Test 2 Compiled For Mac)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 01:07:54 CEST 2017

> Hi, in the other thread (*"Damaged Error" With 0.48 Test 2 Compiled For
> Mac*), there was a discussion whether Pd would have problems in the new
> macOS. Here's a quote from Dan Wilcox on that thread:
>
> > I imagine it's because they are finally
> > deprecating the Carbon framework...

Ok, so I checked around, seems like Carbon has been deprecated since 2008
with Mac OS Lion, it hasn't got any update since then, but it is still
around... and it doesn't seem it'll be completely removed so soon, huh?

Just curious and wondering what are the risks Pd Extended will stop working
anytime in the near future... so this is one, what are the others?

cheers