[PD] how to change the cursor icon (tcl)

Liam Goodacre liamg_uw at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:33:31 CEST 2017

I'm looking for a reliable way to change the cursor icon, ie. from an arrow to dot or something else.

The [cursor] object in the hcs library does just this, but it gives a nasty tcl error when triggered inside an abstraction. I don't imagine that this library will be updated any time soon, so I've been looking for alternatives.

There ought to be a raw tcl messages which can be sent to [sys_gui] (also hcs library). I've found one which is promising:

set ::cursor_runmode_nothing "left_side"

But I'm running into difficulties with this also, as it seems to expect a "pdsend xxx finished" message, where xxx is some hexadecimal that I can't work out.

Does anybody know how to make this work?

Liam