[PD] Gem on Linux needs apt-get install ?

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu Sep 28 18:33:48 CEST 2017

On 2017년 09월 28일 08:20, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 09/27/2017 05:47 PM, abel.jerome at free.fr wrote:
>> On Linux, installing Gem via Deken is not enough, we need installing it with "apt-get".
>
> hopefully there is no deken package for Gem on linux.
> (i see that it has been uploaded as part of the pdx batch-backport; it
> should be removed).

Well, in theory the gem on deken could be a different (newer) version
then the one coming through the package management, especially if you
are on a release based distribution like ubuntu, mint, etc.

The reality though it that it's actually an older one in deken:
Gem-v-0.0.extended-(Linux-i386-32(Linux-amd64-64-externals.tar.gz
Uploaded by ch15m @ 2015-08-07

vs. the one in the repositories:
GEM: ver: 0.93.3
GEM: compiled: Nov 11 2015