[PD] Issues with Gem 0.39-3 on OS X via Deken in Pd

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:10:36 CEST 2017

> On 09/28/2017 08:15 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> > are there any known issues of loading Gem 0.93-3 via Deken in "Pd
> > version 0.48-0 compiled for Macintosh OSX 10.6 or later" (the non-32-bit
> > non-i386) version? I seems to not work on multiple machines around me.
> >
> > What are the latest versions of Pd and Gem working together on OS X?
>
> Gem binaries for OSX are only available as i386 (32bit).
> this binary requires a i386 (32bit) Pd.
> nothing else will work¹
>
> gfmsard
> IOhannes
>
> ¹you can compile Gem yourself for amd64/64bit on OSX, which will work
> nicely, with all the features stripped that Apple decided to not make
> available for 64bit - like QuickTime.

Hi, I don't get it, sorry, do you mean all Gem features won't work? Like
whatever depends on QuickTime? I don't use Gem, but I always here there's
this problem with it and I'd like to know better what's up, so I can tell
my students.

Further and definitive question is: is there anything one can do to make
Gem fully available for 64bits and up in deken? Or is this the end of the
road?

cheers