[PD] Issues with Gem 0.39-3 on OS X via Deken in Pd

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:04:09 CEST 2017

> On 09/29/2017 04:10 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > do you mean all Gem features won't work?

oops, meant to ask  do you mean all Gem features *WILL* work?

sorry

there is no QuickTime on OSX/64bit

Can anyone please elaborate on this please? This sounds weird to me, cause
the 32 binary of Gem will run on 32 bit Pd on OSX/64bit, so "there is"
QuickTime on OSX/64bit. Does it mean it has to be run on 32bit applications?

And then, if you say there is no QuickTime on OSX/64bit, it sounds like
there is nothing one can do to make it happen, unless rebuild OSX/64bit in
a way it has QuickTime (and only Apple could do that).

So I'm really confused on what the technical issues are.

Thanks