[PD] purr data 2.3.2's gem on windows 10

Py Fave pyfave at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 13:52:22 CEST 2017

Hello List,

1. Please don't ask why i use windows.

2. please tell me if there is a better place to post about this.

3. i installed purr-data 2.3.2 (and other versions before) on windows 10
(x64).

gem is included but i startup i get :

GEM: image loading support: SGI

only

and i can't find a way of loading jpg or movies in gem.

if i load example pix_film opr pix_movie, i get

verbose( 0):[pix_movie]: AVI supportverbose( 0):[pix_movie]: image support

[pix_film]: unable to open file: C:/Users/PC-VonoXS/Desktop/pour
josep/capture014_type1.avi

(standard dv file , that used to work on pd-extended)

but gem 93.3 is quite old , especially for glsl stuff.

even for alea.mpg or other files

I converted an image to sgi format and it works.

so it seems there is a problem in gem plugins (except for sgi input)

any hint welcome, i can feedback if needed.

i already tried a lot of versions of gem, pd ,

such as this one https://github.com/avilleret/Gem/releases/

without success,

but it doesn't seem very far from working state.

in fact, what is the better solution to get a working and recent gem on windows?

Thanks

Py