[PD] why not Purr Data?

José Rafael Subía Valdez jsubiavaldez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:00:12 CEST 2017

Same reason as Alexander Connor, I mainly work with computers of different
backgrounds, including different OS and many are older than 5 years. The
new GUI, although very nice, does cause increased processing. On top of
Purr-Data not being supported for mac 10.8 and lower. On a side note, I did
test the CEAMMC Puredata distribution and it works better in older systems
although it is also not supported. I believe they use QT.

cheers

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Alexander Connor <a.connexx at runbox.com>
wrote:

> Increased processing overhead with the new GUI  -- assuming that matters
> with a specific computer set-up.
>

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 13:48:09 -0400, Ali Momeni <batchku at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've been playing around with the latest Purr Data from:
> > https://agraef.github.io/purr-data/
> >
> > and, well, I love it.  The entire experience of working with Pd is much
> > more pleasant.
> >
> > I'm compelled to ask the group, especially the Pd Vanilla users among us,
> > the following simple question:
> >
> > What reason is there NOT to use Purr Data?
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> > Subtle disadvantages?
> > Missing functionality?
> > Reliability?