[PD] why not Purr Data?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 18:00:25 CEST 2017

It is true that even the pure vanilla section of Purr Data is not 100% the
same or compatible. I already mentioned how Purr Data doesn't carry yet all
of the features from the latest Pd Vanilla (0.48) - though I know it'll get
there eventually. Some of these considerations we're bringing here have to
do with the Purr Data project being still relatively new. I'm expecting it
to be more fully compatible.

But besides Purr Data not integrating all of vanilla yet, it also has some
different functionalities of Vanilla's objects. Even regarding syntax, like
being able to load $0 in messages (and boy, do I wish that was in Vanilla).
So that can be tricky as well.

Anyway, I don't think is that bad to go ahead and use both ;)

cheers