[PD] No ALSA or OSS sound with Debian 9.1 (32 and 64bit) on an "Up Board"

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 7 19:06:59 CEST 2017

On 10/07/2017 11:50 AM, Ingo wrote:
> It just doesn't build - neither on 64bit nor on 32bit. I'm getting only dotted
> lines ...

hmm, i don't know what you are doing but the Debian package "pd-iemlib"
does provide a file iem_mp3.pd_linux, and once you've loaded the the
library with  [declare -lib iem_mp3] you can use [mp3play~] just fine.

> (Since this was my smallest problem I didn't investigate any further. It was
> the version on Deken with Pd 0.47.1)

in general i would recommend to use the Debian packages whenever
possible, rather than the one provided by deken.
at least there you usually have a responsive maintainer that might be
interested in fixing any bugs.

gfasmdr
IOhannes