[PD] RPI 3 USB audio performance?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 17:49:46 CEST 2017

What I found is, small USB audio dongles don't process low frequencies
well because they use too small capacitors. This can be improved by
DIY soldering. Also some of them do a bad job in noise shaping,
leaving quantization noise in audible range. That is something you
can't improve. Here is a page describing some of my findings:

http://www.katjaas.nl/audiodongle/audiodongle.html

Good old Griffin iMic is better than the dongles I tried. But it is
nice to hack a dongle and make it a tiny bit better. Maybe it's time
to design our own audio dongle.

Katja