[PD] RPI 3 USB audio performance?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 19:35:08 CEST 2017

Dan, the reason I focused on small devices is that RPi is still prone
to loose USB connection in cases of short voltage dip. The larger
pro-sumer audio interfaces draw a lot of current which adds to the
risk of those dreaded brown out moments. That is why I discarded the
idea of using my favorite interface, Mackie Onyx Black Jack, in a
wearable RPi setup. From the top of my head: the Mackie draws some 500
mA, an iMic ~45 mA and a cheap skype dongle ~10 mA.

Katja