[PD] object that routes bangs to different outputs like a counter?

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Fri Oct 13 18:52:02 CEST 2017

IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 10/13/2017 11:06 AM, enrike wrote:
>> I know, but I just wanted to know if there something that does the same
>> job but within a single object
>
> why?
> what does it buy you? what does it cost you?

that's an interesting issue in general:

i guess the quest for a "single object" to perform a specific task stems
from the idea that a c-compiled external is better/faster/less
CPU-expensive etc. than a self-made abstraction.

is this even true for PD ?

(a long time ago i heard that this was true for MAX, but never quite
figured out why)

or does it depend on the complexity/size of the task ?

would be great to hear an expert's opinion on that, as i often find
myself caught in the same thinking (looking for externals instead of
patching an abstraction), maybe totally unnecessary ...

thanks for all insights !

oliver