[PD] Gem on Linux needs apt-get install ?

Jesse Mejia jmejia at anestheticaudio.com
Fri Oct 13 23:02:40 CEST 2017

This is news to me. I thought deken was now the way to install gem regardless of platform. I see a LOT of new users attempting this and struggling. I also know that people coming from extended are being told they should use deken. Gem is often one of the first things extended users try to install via deken. I imagine this could be at the root of a lot of people just going straight back to extended.

I agree that it really should be removed from deken repos asap if that isn't a good way to get it running.