[PD] preview in Gem ? ...

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Oct 17 12:16:48 CEST 2017

Hello,

  I've been trying to develop an interface with sys_gui where media
files are launched by clicking on a preview image, like in almost all
softwares managing media files.

  It's done by dumping pixels from gemwin to a bitmap stored in
datastructure that is designing the launching buttons of my tck-tk
interface.

  With Purr Data, there is no sys_gui but we don't need such a complex
coding to reach this end by the use of [draw] object.

  In this attached example the image preview has to be stored in the
hard drive to be opened. It's a single image preview but it could be
extended to animation view.