[PD] initbang in vanilla (was Re: how to destroy/delete an object with dynamic patching?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 15:20:33 CEST 2017

I see... somehow I got terribly confused and thought there was a discussion
to include it in vanilla, which would make sense to me. Maybe it was the
conversation about meeting a "proper design" of initbang/closebang that led
me to think that was on the table. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, I guess this is now turning into a request to bring such
functionalities to vanilla. My point being that it'd be of vital importance
if we want Pd Vanilla to have any real functionality of providing ways to
program powerful external abstractions.

If not, since I do not want dependancies to other external libraries, the
only way would be to "steal" it for my library, huh? What are the ethics on
that?

cheers