[PD] which pix_opencv to select in Deken?

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:10:14 CEST 2017

* Antoine Villeret <antoine.villeret at gmail.com> [2017-10-20 08:53]:
> Did you load Gem ?
Yes, loaded in a separate step before.
> If yes, then you might need a more recent one.
I am using the Debian testing package (0.93.3-12) and would like to
avoid having to compile Gem from source, as IOhannes puts so much effort
into packaging it and for the sake of it automatically updating as
package.
(IOhannes, do you know the time frame for the next Gem Debian release,
btw?)

It would be sad if the pix_opencv deken package only works with a
locally compiled (git) Gem. Do you think that compiling pix_opencv
locally could also solve the problem?

> Concerning a macosx package with embedded opencv lib, I made some tests but
> it was more a proof of concept than a ready to go package.
Would you be permitted to distribute a binary libopencv via Deken for OS
X?

> And on macosx you can install opencv with brew nowadays but brew itself
> need some developer tools that could be annoying to install for someone who
> just want to use pix_opencv. So my first attempt to make it more
> convenient.
Oh yes, I have seen these ridiculous gigabytes of Xcode tools which you
are forced to install on OS X.

thanks and
cheers, P