[PD] Automatic upload from CI to Deken

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:02:53 CEST 2017

> On 2017-10-18 22:49, Antoine Villeret wrote:
> > back on this more than 2 months later...
> > so I setup travis to upload ossia package to deken on tagged commit.
>
> i noticed that the ossia packages lack a license.

this should be fixed

> also the source packages are just huge (175MB), and they contain
> - the entire (git) history of libossia
> - twenty-one (21) 3rd party modules
>   - the entire (git) history of each 3rd party module

> luckily the source package does *not* include the source code (and full
> git history) of all dependencies (like libc++ and gcc) ;-/
>
> it seems that the source archive is a pristine recursive checkout of the
> git repository (which is good enough).
>
> but: would it be possible to trim down the size of the source package?
> e.g. something like `git archive` (possibly plus an addition of which
> revisions of the various 3rd party submodules were used).
>
> this should trim down the source package to <9MB (less than 5% of the
> current sources).

yes I noticed that and I'm sorry for disturbing
the huge package were part of upload test and have been deleted.
But I'm not found of releasing source package that are not ready to build.
So I find a way to strip down source package to about 15Mo with all 3rd
party source and without git history.
Thus people who can't find a suitable binary package can easily build it
from the tarball. (well 'easily' is relative...)

Moreover, they were a lot of upload in the pasts few week because I was
testing the deployment system.
They should be more sporadic in the future.

Hopefully windows package will be available on the next release with GPG
signature and SHA sum.

I hope this is fine for you.

Best

Antoine