[PD] initbang in vanilla (was Re: how to destroy/delete an object with dynamic patching?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 22:19:17 CEST 2017

On Don, 2017-10-19 at 17:23 +0200, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> On 10/19/2017 03:20 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> >
> > Well, I guess this is now turning into a request to bring such
> > functionalities to vanilla. My point being that it'd be of vital
> > importance
> > if we want Pd Vanilla to have any real functionality of providing
> > ways to
> > program powerful external abstractions.
>
> i'm pretty tired of issues being re-raised over more than a decade.

Though I mostly agree with you, I disagree with the notion that raising
the same thing several times is necessarily a bad thing. I'm living in
a country where the people directly vote about some decisions. We would
live in medieval times still - so to speak - if we hadn't voted about
the same thing many times. 10 years later, the (Pd-) world might have
changed a bit and suddenly implementing [initbang] in Pd-vanilla is
considered nice and pretty.. How can you know?

> (it obviously show that there is interest in the problem. but we now
> do
> have a solution

Good. :-)

> apart from that, iemguts is licensed under the GPL-2+.
> everybody is free to use it under this license (but note, that e.g.
> ELSE
> is currently not compatible with GPL)

It seems as if the _license_ forces sane behavior. GPL forever!

Roman