[PD] initbang in vanilla (was Re: how to destroy/delete an object with dynamic patching?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 01:17:19 CEST 2017

> Though I mostly agree with you, I disagree with the notion that raising
> the same thing several times is necessarily a bad thing. I'm living in
> a country where the people directly vote about some decisions. We would
> live in medieval times still - so to speak - if we hadn't voted about
> the same thing many times. 10 years later, the (Pd-) world might have
> changed a bit and suddenly implementing [initbang] in Pd-vanilla is
> considered nice and pretty.. How can you know?

That was *exactly* what I was thinking, thank you for pointing that out so
I can give you a +1

And yeah, 10 years ago was sorta ages ago for Pd, many things have
happened, like the demise of Pd Extended. There's this libpd thing and the
need for it to be more self sufficient. And this feels like such a basic
core functionality that I really wonder why not to have it somehow. So I
really wonder if the reasoning from 10 years ago is still as pertinent now
for the community as whole.

cheers