[PD] a slightly nicer saturator than tanh~

Chris Clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 20:51:31 CEST 2017

The trick is having a very good anti-aliasing filter just like the FIR in a
high end ADC or SRC or very good mastering processors.  An IIR just won't
work well due to the phase shifting and low order stop band attenuation.  I
don't think Pd has anything built in other than fexpr~ and coefficient
selection is something of a black art to trade off between the attenuation,
taps/delay, transition band, impulse response etc.