[PD] anti-aliasing filtering (was Re: a slightly nicer saturator than tanh~)

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Sat Oct 28 22:30:35 CEST 2017

thanks,
well, I don't understand why you send a patch regarding a phasor while we where speaking about distortion...

Its very different : a sawtooth have an infinite number of harmonics, but not a signal distorted with tanh. And a band limited sawtooth is lot's better (from sound and performance perspective) than an oversampled / filtered phasor.

When you say 512, are you talking about phasor or an tanh distortion?

cheers