[PD] anti-aliasing filtering (was Re: a slightly nicer saturator than tanh~)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:24:00 CEST 2017

> thanks,
> well, I don't understand why you send a patch regarding a phasor while we
> where speaking about distortion... (...)

When you say 512, are you talking about phasor or an tanh distortion?

well, yeah, it was a digression from the previous topic, that's why I
changed the subject. This is not related to tanh~ at all... so I meant 512x
oversampling to get rid of aliasing in phasor (actually sawtooth made from
phasor) signals.

Its very different : a sawtooth have an infinite number of harmonics, but
> not a signal distorted with tanh. And a band limited sawtooth is lot's
> better (from sound and performance perspective) than an oversampled /
> filtered phasor.

yeah, I know it's got infinite harmonics, and that a band-limited
oscillator is better. But this is also because I'm using this to measure
the efficiency of the anti-aliasing filter, how good it works and all

cheers