[PD] which pix_opencv to select in Deken?

Federico Camara Halac camarafede at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 17:53:04 CET 2017

Hi all,

OK, I also could compile successfully on Debian stretch

1. I had to build opencv 2.4.13.4 myself, adapting this useful script [
https://github.com/milq/milq/blob/master/scripts/bash/install-opencv.sh] to
the mentioned version. Also, I compared Benjamin's opencv search and I had
the same as his, and some other stuff as well.

2. followed steps here: https://github.com/avilleret/pix_opencv/wiki, with
the following configure (because I had compiled Gem instead of using proper
Debian package):

Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure GEM_CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/Gem/
GEM_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem

3. make* && sudo make install

4. Finally, on the pd console after "pd -lib Gem:pix_opencv -open"

pix_opencv 0.4 library by Antoine Villeret 2012-2016
    based on work by Yves Degoyon and Lluis Gomez i Bigorda
    built on Nov  5 2017
    with non-free features
    with FaceTracker.

5. I also added extra/pix_opencv to the paths, and copied the 'model' and
'haarascade' directories into extra/pix_opencv

* I was using 'make -j5' to accelerate the process, but I think it was
giving me problems because of unfinished jobs not being done in time and so
having linking problems.

Hope this helps,

fd

http://fdch.github.io/tv